Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dec 6th-08-A TR8

[THIS BLOG WAS WRITTEN ON 6TH DEC-08 IN ANOTHER BLOG..THIS IS A COPY PASTE OF IT]
Sorry for the longgggggggggggg delay...well,its been a while since my last blog...busy with campus placements and classes as usual...7th semester over and glad that i got not one but 2 jobs-Vedanta Aluminium Ltd and Jindal Stainless Ltd....This sem has been one of the best sems of the 4 years in NIT Rourkela.

Classes & placements going side by side,the only problem was attendance (that too 85%). But that was also taken care off thanks to our Prof. who were really cool and understanding. Can u believe 100% attendance in the classes even if one has attended just 4-5 classes in the whole semester..Hats off to Prof. of Mechanical Engineering Department at NIT ROURKELA...they rock.

The winter vacations have started and to say, this is my last winter vacation i.e of 1 month..well, want to make most of it..and it has started on an unusual note..

Arrived at CUTTACK on 3rd and that too landed at the train station at 4:45 in the morning.Can u believe it? in my 4 years, never has the train left rourkela at the right time and landed at cuttack also at right time and that too at platform number 5...just could not believe my eyes and mind..well,kudos goes to LALU...mum was also shocked to see me arriving so early in the morning.

2 days went by..only soinggg, soinggg, soinggg...and net karinggg (well,this 'ing' thing just crept into my mind)...then came today..saturday...dec-6th, 2008...well the day might not be special to many but it was for me...
going on a tr8 is not a big thing in an engg institute but for me todays tr8 was something special..well that too with a girl..my school friend from nursery...had no contact with her since 8th standard...

To be frank, i have never gone a one on one tr8 with a girl and when she came,i felt really awkward..and i cant tell u how i felt on seeing her after so many years..i didnt know where to start..what to tell..what not to tell...it was like i was searching for words to tell and she was constantly asking me not to be conscious..but here i was..as conscious as ever...not even in my campus interviews have i felt such helplessness...my lips dried up...my mouth just could not talk...it was as if i was just in a desert longing for water...she kept looking at me straight and here i was,looking all around except at her.She was her normal self..i dont know what happened to me at that point?

So,here i was.with a girl (whom i regard as my mirror image in terms of understanding)..searching for the 26 alphabets and in-numerable words that are there in the english dictionary (they never come up at the right time)...she must have felt a little bit bore as i was itself feeling it.But gradually, this feeling passed by and here we were talking about school days...close friends..etc etc.

To say, it was a treat would be an understatement.It was as if i had found something that i had lost years ago.So, a special day, a special TR8 with a "Special Friend"

1 comment:

  1. I'm xpecting another post on ur 'DAV' treat that u were so eager to host.

    ReplyDelete